Blogger Tricks

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Back to the Buckler

     Hello, pirates! Recently, I started to quest on my swashbuckler again. It's decent after level 45 and with the new hidden update. I didn't enjoy it so much before, and therefore, I was discouraged to quest on it. However, now I can solo about as well as the rest of my characters.

     Yesterday, I finished up Mooshu. For the second half of the world, you have to collect five turtle balls and summon a giant turtle to get to Cao Tzu, the creator of Caoism and one of the wisest people in all of the Spiral. Once you summon the turtle, you have to defeat 5 guardians in order - wood, fire, earth, metal, and water. If you're lucky to get through all of the guardians and you're pure of heart, you get to see Cao Tzu and learn more about El Dorado and the map pieces!

 
Wood Guardian
 
    First up was the Wood Guardian. He cheats by leaving a bush on the battle field every round. If you don't destroy that bush in 2-3 rounds, it summons another Cherry Blossom Treant mob. I used Bonnie Anne as one of my companions, as she has very long range and can destroy the bushes very easily.
 
Fire Guardian
 
     Next, the Fire Guardian! On this fight, there are some flames that spread around the battle floor in randomized patterns that damage you if you touch them. It was pretty easy to avoid them. This fight was one of the easiest of the five.
 


Earth Guardian
 

      The third fight was the Earth Guardian. This fight was one of the harder ones. There was a trap in the middle of the floor, and it was very hard to maneuver through the battlefield, as there are stalagmites (spikes sticking up from the ground) everywhere blocking my path. The Earth Guardian also had vicious charge which devastated my accuracy. I completed this fight by letting the enemies come to me and buffing up before they do so. This way, I didn't have to make my way through the floor and step on the trap. I also used Bonnie's scatterblast attack to destroy some of the stalagmites to give me more space to breathe.
 
Metal Guardian
 
     Fourth, the Metal Guardian. This fight was easily the hardest fight out of the five guardians. There are four statues and an arrangement of gates. Each statue unlocks the next portion of the field in this order: top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left, middle. However, since I was using a swashbuckler, I was a rebel and jumped over the gates to do it in a random order. The middle is where the Metal Guardian is. There's also some spikes in the ground. Every time you move over them, you get damaged. Every time you used a statue, more mobs used to spawn. However, since one of the recent updates, more mobs only spawn when you've used all four statues and unlocked the Metal Guardian. (I don't know which update. I haven't done these bosses in a while.)
     The Metal Guardian has extremely high armor. If you're using a swashbuckler or buccaneer, I suggest using Sarah Steele or Kobe Yojimbo, as they have a move that lowers armor by 50%. It was a HUGE help for me!
Somehow my pet managed to squeeze through the gates!


     Water Guardian
 
     Lastly, the Water Guardian. This fight was pretty straight-forward. All I needed to look out for are some spikes just like in the Metal Guardian fight. The rest came easily.


     In order, I'd say the guardians from weakest to hardest are: Fire, Water, Wood, Earth, Metal.

     After the guardians, I finally got to Cao Tzu, and he shared his wisdom of El Dorado with me!

     Marco Pollo, the maker of the map to El Dorado (also known as Shangri-La, the city of immortals),  was a student of Cao Tzu. He studied astrology - movement of stars, and the alignment of the worlds of the spiral. Pollo created the map using symbols to create a path to the city. The portal to the city is never in the same place and it's always changing!
     Cao Tzu will help us read the map to El Dorado, but we need the full map first. There are seven pieces - I have two, the armada has two, and there are three left at this point. We're neck and neck in the race to the sacred place of El Dorado.
 


    That's all for this post! Fair sailing, Pirates!

~Fishy Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to be nice and to treat each other with respect! The Golden Rule still applies, even here!