Blogger Tricks

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Giving a Game a Chance

     I wanted to talk about giving a game a fair chance. I see this a lot regarding both KingsIsle games, Wizard101 and Pirate101. People who play Wizard101 will not play Pirate101 and vice versa, because they will not like it, or they only play the tutorial and disregard the game. I swore off Wizard101 after Pirate101 came out. At the time I had a level 81 Storm stuck in Azteca and could not progress. I was sick of the game and thought it was terrible. I was advised by friends in the community to try a different school before giving up on the game, so I made a Death student which is what I had originally wanted to try. I have been enjoying Wizard101 more because of this new school. My point is do not judge the game on one class or school and the tutorial alone. Try it with two classes or schools and run all the way through the Free- to- Play section before passing judgement. This way you can get a good feel of the gameplay and the advantages/ disadvantages of different play styles. You might actually be pleasantly surprised by the results. It is possible that the game may not be for you, but at least you gave it a decent try. This advise can be carried to many MMO's as well. I welcome your thoughts on this way of giving a game a chance.

Pirates.... UNITE!
-Bloody Wesley Xavier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to be nice and to treat each other with respect! The Golden Rule still applies, even here!