Blogger Tricks

Monday, October 6, 2014

Trampling the Trafalgar

     Hello, Pirates! Yesterday, I got to finish up Marleybone on my Swashbuckler (holding back tears). On one of the last quests, you get to climb aboard the ships "The Trafalgar" and "The Victory" and end Rooke's plans to defeat Marleybone in the war between Marleybone and the Armada that your pirate starts back in Port Regal with catbeard while rescuing Sally. If you need to read about the rescuing Sally quest, the link to my post about it is HERE!


     My crew and I boarded the Trafalgar, which was Admiral Nelson's ship that crashed into Rooke's to delay it from coming to the Isle of Dogs. We passed by some typical run-of-the-mill armada forces first, cleared some debris, then we got to the good part.


    After clearing the debris, I found some of  Admiral Nelson's crew trapped. I had to free them to help fight the Armada. The armada came to a little help this fight. I hid all of my crew and they cleared the obstacles blocking the reinforcements for me!
  

     The next fight was a straight-forward armada dragoon fight. It was simple for the most part, and I breezed through it.

     After that, my crew and I rushed over to The Victory and got to the main event: Rooke - the general of the armada!
     For this fight, Admiral Nelson and his non-helpful musketeer forces arrived (thank you for being reasonable and being a privateer, Nelson). If you're a melee unit, Rooke can knock you back if you run up to him, but this isn't always triggered. If you're a witchdoctor, Rooke attacks you before you attack. If you're a musketeer, any shot you take, Rooke simply reflects it at one of your crew. The witchdoctor and musketeer cheats activate all the time.


     We clashed and banged until there was only one survivor... err... victor of the fight. He sort of... only got delayed. We'd see him again in the future.


     We rushed back over to the Trafalgar only to find that The Victory (horrible pun, I know) was short lived. Rooke had returned and he was worse than before. You had to defeat his crew along with him. 

     Once again, we fought to the death, and I remained victorious! My crew and I had saved Marleybone... for now. We headed off of The Victory and The Trafalgar just in time to watch the... fireworks, to say the least. My crew, Admiral Nelson, the reinforcements, and I were headed off to the War Room headquarters at the Isle of Dogs, and I was promoted to a captain. This allowed me to take Catbeard out of jail and learn where the next piece of the map is. We arrived just in time for his trial of over 500 heinous crimes. We managed to pick him up and out of the court room since the judge thought he'd end up dying either way.


    There was one problem with recruiting Catbeard... he didn't have the map piece like he said he would. However he knew where one was. Now, we're off to Aquila to get our third map piece if we're lucky. Let's just hope he doesn't lead us straight to imminent death...

     That's all for this post. Fair sailing, Pirates!


~Fishy Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to be nice and to treat each other with respect! The Golden Rule still applies, even here!